Sophie Ellis-Bextor has launched plans for her new album 'The Song Diaries'.
The singer's seventh studio album is set to be a look back of sorts, with Sophie Ellis-Bexter re-casting familiar material in a new setting.
Due to be released next year, 'The Song Diaries' was pieced together with the assistance of long-term collaborator and friend Ed Harcourt.
Out on March 15th (pre-order LINK), it follows the Top 10 album 'Familia' and it led by a glitzy version of her disco burner 'Take Me Home'.
Sophie says: “It has been glorious to bring disco technicolour to my orchestral version of 'Take Me Home'. Hopefully when you hear it, it’ll bring a little 70’s Paradise Garage your way. It’s all the bells and whistles!”
Tune in now.
1. GrooveJet – Orchestral Version
2. Take Me Home – Orchestral Version
3. Murder On The Dancefloor – Orchestral Version
4. Move This Mountain – Orchestral Version
5. Music Gets The Best of Me – Orchestral Version
6. Mixed Up World – Orchestral Version
7. Catch You – Orchestral Version
8. Me and My Imagination – Orchestral Version
9. Today The Sun’s On Us – Orchestral Version
10. Heartbreak (Make Me a Dancer) – Orchestral Version
11. Bittersweet – Orchestral Version
12. Not Giving Up On Love – Orchestral Version
13. Young Blood – Orchestral Version
14. Love Is a Camera – Orchestral Version
15. Wild Forever – Orchestral Version
16. A Pessimist Is Never Disappointed - Orchestral Version (Bonus Track)
17. Love Is You (Bonus Track)
18. Take Me Home - Orchestral Disco Version (Bonus Track)*
19. Murder On The Dancefloor – Orchestral Disco Version (Bonus Track)*
* Available via download code on Vinyl LP format
Join us on Vero, as we get under the skin of global cultural happenings. Follow Clash Magazine as we skip merrily between clubs, concerts, interviews and photo shoots. Get backstage sneak peeks and a true view into our world as the fun and games unfold.