On Man will release new remix album ‘High Crystal’ on April 14th.
The producer released his excellent debut album last year, fusing his left-field ambitions with a natural gift for melody. Injecting club tropes with alien aspects, his work had a shattering impact, winning widespread acclaim.
The album has now been re-worked, with On Man recruiting a stunning array of guest producers for an all-new remix project. Out on April 14th, ‘High Crystal’ boasts contributions from Mogwai, The Bug, Throwing Snow, Salamanda, Katie Gately, and more.
On Man comments…
“I’m so grateful to have had such an exciting collection of artists agree to remix my album. From producers I’ve discovered (and become obsessed with) relatively recently, like Wordcolour, Salamanda and Joe Rainey & Andrew Broder, to artists I’ve loved for a long time and who have influenced me in deep, unshakeable ways, like Mogwai and The Bug, they’ve all produced a set of reinterpretations that have surprised, humbled and inspired me in equal measure. It was such a pleasure to arrange these disparate sources into a new and cohesive album to listen to alongside the original.”
Ahead of this, On Man has shared a new take on ‘United (Why Can’t We Say Enough)’, guided by Joe Rainey and Andrew Broder. A bold reinvention laden with blinding colour, you can check out the remix below.
1. Silence Oh Moyle (Salamanda Remix)
2. Survive This (Wordcolour Remix)
3. Squares And Triangles (Katie Gately Remix)
4. United (Why Can’t We Say Enough) (Joe Rainey & Andrew Broder Remix)
5. Darks (Tapefeed Remix)
6. Worse Than It Seems (Ana Quiroga Remix)
7. Side Effects (Lotic Remix)
8. Memento Mori (Hodge Remix)
9. Squares And Triangles (The Bug Remix)
10. Sweet Anticipation (Throwing Snow Remix)
11. Sever (Kloxii Li Remix)
12. Darks (Mogwai Remix)