A true powerhouse in bass music, Hyperdub is often cast in a dread fuelled visage.
However the label also has a subtle, soulful side. Toasting their tenth anniversary, the second in a series of multi-artist compilations is set to focus on the label's softer side.
Browsing the tracklisting, it seems to be packed with invention. Opening with a Dean Blunt and Inga Copeland collaboration, the album then moves in Burial's 'Shell of Light'.
Cooly G donates a new track, while Canadian signing Jessy Lanza contributes two tracks – '5785021' alongside 'You And Me'.
Morgan Zarate contributes a lost dub, with 'Sticks & Stones' boasting appearances from both Eska and Ghostface Killah.
Ending with a collaboration between label head Kode9 and Inga Copeland, 'Hyperdub 10.2' showcases an intriguing, sometimes overlooked aspect of the label's output.
'Hyperdub 10.2' is due to be released on July 21st. Tracklisting:
1. Dean Blunt & Inga Copeland – Signal 2012
2. Burial – Shell of LIght
3. Jessy Lanza – 5785021
4. Cooly G – Obsessed
5. Fhloston Paradigm – Never Defeated feat Rachel Claudio
6. DVA – Solid feat. Zaki Ibrahim
7. Ikonika – I Know (That U are the 1) feat. Dam Funk
8. Morgan Zarate – Pusher Taker feat. Roses Gabor
9. Jessy Lanza – You and Me
10. Morgan Zarate – Sticks & Stones feat. Eska & Ghostface Killah
11. DVA – Just Vybe (Soule Power Mix) feat. Fatima
12. Terror Danjah – You Make Me Feel feat Meleka
13. DJ Rashad – Only One feat Spinn & Taso
14. Kode9 – Lies Lies feat copeland