Acid Jazz will profile Tardam Records on a new compilation.
The incoming 14 track affair binds together some sought after club cuts, moving from rhythm ‘n’ blues through to gritty soul via ska, mambo, and more. Tardam Records was founded in 2014, based between the Italian town of Taranto and Amsterdam.
Driven forwards by DJ Goffredo Santovito and musicians Fabrizio Carrieri and Mikel Van Der Meulen, releases include now-collective seven inch shotters from the Mighty Typhoons, The Spinshots, The Ska related Uppertones and the Working Voodoo Club, amongst others.
Acid Jazz recently re-issued The Mighty Typhoons’ titanic take on Lou Pride’s 100mph northern soul stormer ‘I’m Com’un Home In The Morn’un’, and follow this with a full-length compilation profiling the excellent work done by the label.
Tardam Records comment:
“Having been followers of Acid Jazz Records since the ‘80s, we are happy and proud to release our first compilation now in cooperation with our dear friends at Acid Jazz!” – Tardam Records
Pre-order the compilation online.
- I’m Com’un Home In The Morn’un – The Mighty Typhoons feat. Beaulah Enser
- Seven Bullets, One Gun – The Spinshots
- Scorched – Rosie Stevens & The Dry Riverbed Trio
- Do It All Night – Working Voodoo Club
- Open Your Heart – The Uppertones
- Gigglewater – 44 Shakedown
- Waddasei – The Mighty Typhoons feat. Viky De Sentis
- One More Chance – The Mighty Typhoons feat. Beaulah Enser
- Sweet Baby Of Mine – Rosie Stevens & The Dry Riverbed Trio
- The Snake – The Mighty Typhooons
- Sometimes I Feel – The Uppertones
- For A Minute – Working Voodoo Club
- Ramrod – 44 Shakedown
- Diabolik – Skepticals