Andre Lodemann can be a difficult figure to place.
The German producer has the downbeat, soulful feel of deep house yet his melodies have the metallic sheen of techno. Encompassing a huge range of sounds, Lodemann's output tends to favour melody over discord, the humane over the technical, the organic over the digital.
For years an influence if marginalised figure, the past 18 months have witnessed Andre Lodemann surging to the forefront. New cut 'Imagine' is out now via Dessous Recordings and has become a fixture of the summer with its lowdown rhythms matched to an itchy sense of anxiety.
Asked to piece together an exclusive mix for Clash, Andre Lodemann responded in kind. Featuring a plethora of his biggest cuts, it's a mix which seems to pin down the grey area in which the German beatsmith operates.
"I've tried to do a timeless, very deep and emotional set. The main idea was to create a journey from slower deep house to deep techhouse. The mood of the mix is kind of mystical, mesmeric and spiritual. I've chosen some of my all time favourites and some brand-new tracks. All of them touch my soul!"
Listen to it now… Grab it HERE.
Right click, 'Save As…'
1. Herbert & Dani Siciliano ?– Going Round (Hmmm Mix) (Phonography)
2. Agoria Feat. Scalde – For One Hour (Rebirth)
3. Fabian Dikof – X (Best Works Records)
4. Mario Basanov – Slip Away (Daniel Bortz Remix) (Mood)
5. Alex Niggemann – Lovers feat. John Rydell (Andre Lodemann Remix) (Pokerflat)
6. Craig Stewart – Wobble Theory (Afrilounges Bright Morning Mix) (DCSTrax)
7. Andre Lodemann – Imagine (Dessous)
8. The Persuader – What is the time, Mr. Templar? (Svek)
9. ADA – Faith (Koze's Grungerwomen Mix) (Areal)
10. Lephtee – So Far Back (The Nova Dream Sequence Remix) (Buzzin Fly)
11. Omar-S ?– Psychotic Photosynthesis (FXHE)
12. Kerri Chandler – Pong (Ben Klock Remix) (Deeply Rooted House)
13. Even Tuell – Untitled (Workshop)
14. Roy Davis Jr – Under The Sun (Downtown 161)
Get the best of Clash on your iPhone – download the app here