CK through the ages...
- Named after a French football team, St Etienne appeared in the early 90s fusing pop classicism with modern indie dance sounds.
- Fan of country, indie-pop and folk? Check out Illinois-born indie singer Salim Nourallah
- This nineteen year old from Nottingham is the latest new kid on the block, armed with catchy pop tunes that make his music accessible to absolutely everyone.
- Director of Irina Palm
- A genuine indie cottage industry, Sam Isaac has risen to prominence without a record deal. Writing and recording the tunes himself, friends help with packaging and distribution.
- Appearances can be deceptive and the Australian-born 25-year old could be perceived to be a little gimmicky.
- Young British artist Taylor-Wood is veritable volcano of activity.
- Believe in Santogold because she is in fact real and not just a cool MySpace page full of songs that’ll never end up on a real album.
- Sasha, after nearly twenty years at the top of the international DJ mega-star game, dating from his early days as a “Northern Icon” at clubs like the Hacienda and Shelly’s onto his prolific remi
- Having formed after a midnight jaunt to a renowned art gallery, (whatever happened to the Barfly?..) it was always evident Saturation Point were going to have a little more going on that mere 3 chord
- Legendary US comedy series
- Tasteful London based indie group with undertones of the late 70s. Not averse to synth on the side, as well.
Sarah , Matt , Amina , Tom
- The Hollywood actress has just released her debut album, ‘Anywhere I Lay My Head’, Johansson’s album of Tom Waits covers made with producer du jour Dave Sitek of TV On The Radio, and featuring help fr
- Returning with the long-awaited follow-up to 2002’s ‘Zoomer’, Schneider TM’s creator Dirk Dresselhaus spoke to Clash about the highs and lows that spawned his latest album and how he found lyr
- The new project of Field Music's David Brewis while his main band are on a creativity boosting hiatus.
- Dream pop trio named after a mythical South American pickpocket academy
Benjamin Curtis , Alejandra Deheza , Claudia Deheza
- With their eponymous debut album, The Scissor Sisters brushed aside drab indie bands and manufactured pop acts with their fresh-faced glamour and disco-glitter optimism.
- Albini backed avant garde chanteusse
- 1 of 9