Studio 54 workout...
- J Dilla, the Detroit beats producer cited by so many as a modern inspiration.
- J Tillman (Joshua Tillman) tasted fame for the first time as a member of Fleet Foxes, the Seattle folk band who experienced a wonderfully successful 2008.
- Avid surfer, filmmaker and, of course, musician Jack Johnson keeps himself quite busy. He's released four albums, the latest being 'Sleep Through the Static'.
- Already the snowball that is Jack’s career has rolled from tiny gigs around London, through support slots with friends Amy Winehouse and Lily Allen, to an unprecedented mammoth UK tour, preaching hi
- Having been brought up on his father's vast tape and record collection, Jack Sparrow's passion for music began at an early age.
- American singer / songwriter, situated somewhere between the twin talents of Beck and Daniel Johnston. Mixture of American roots, left field and pop sensibilities.
- Formed from the ashes of US hardcore bands Blood Brothers and Pretty Girls Make Graves, Jaguar Love are inevitably described as a “supergroup”.
- A poly-rhythmic paradise of liquid harmonics to be poured into the ears, Jahcoozi’s music is as original as the phonetic imagination of their name.
- Seattle based hip hop producer Jake One, best known for his G Unit affiliation and appearances on projects by Young Buck, 50 Cent, Lil Scrappy, E-40, De La Soul and Freeway
- Born to one of rock's greatest poets Jakob Dylan has had to fill some pre-naturally large shoes.
- Jakobinarina come from the ’burbs, which in Hafnarfjordur, a few kilometres outside Reykjavik, is pretty much like the ’burbs anywhere else in the Western world.
- English indie group whose career has taken them from indie obscurity to era defining anthems. An early career on cult Manchester label Factory led onto massive chart success with "Sit Down".
- James Blake has a lot to be scared of.
- Superstar guitar slinger whose CV boasts stints with Johnny Cash, Gram Parsons and both Elvis Pressley and Costello.
- Yet more acoustic loveliness from a man with an acoustic
- DJ extraordinaire with a strange fondness for cheese.
- Glaswegian Christopher Mack, formerly of Eska, upped sticks and settled in Brazil where his delicate guitar arrangements have absorbed the local influences.
- Fresh home from a UK tour with mentor and pal Peanut Butter Wolf, Pants who heralds from Spokane, Washington, is yet another ‘one man phenomenon’ who finds his music is best conceived in his garage.
- 1 of 6