CK through the ages...
- Swedish jazz trio led by mercurial pianist Esbjorn Svensson.
- Crossing Americana with metal, Josh Homme and Jesse Hughes side project has become popular due to its wild live show and distinctive sound.
- Easy Star All Stars are a reggae group with a difference. Their skanking dub take on rock classics has seen them become cult favourites with their echo-chamber adventures.
- There is hyper sense of flamboyance reminiscent of Grace Jones and an abrasive, stripped down DIY feel that recalls X-Ray Spex to Ebony Bones.
- Experiencing Echaskech play live will change your expectations of what an electronic act can achieve in a performance.
- Formed out of the fertile Liverpudlian post-punk milieu, Echo and The Bunnymen went on to become one of the biggest, and most respected, UK exports of the eighties.
- New York-based South African Brendon Moeller has been producing music since 1994.
- A long-standing DJ, composer, sound designer, producer and label owner, Echoplex is Poland's Peter Sliwinski.
- Occasionally a record label emerges from the shadows of its predecessors that stands clear above the shoulders of their current peers and represents a scene or sound SO well it seems they ARE that sce
- ...I ask if Ed thinks he will maintain his bountiful rate of creative output. “I don’t think so,” he replies. “I’ve calmed down a lot and it’s quality not quantity that counts.
- Director of "Hot Fuzz"
- They may think they hit the big time with ‘The Back Room’, but Editors are on the cusp of something far greater as they prepare for the release – and surely the resounding acclaim – of follow-
- This musical collective led by Alex Ebert make big, open-hearted anthems that evoke a different era when cynicism and irony didn’t course through pop music like countermelodies.
- Former Orange Juice frontman, Collins defined the Sound Of Young Scotland with Postcard Records. A long solo career has seen highs and lows.
- Formed around Mark "E" Everett, this American band have released over a decades worth of beautiful music.
- Brooklyn Psych-folk Collective
- Five piece post rock band formed in Copenhagen, Denmark. The band have so far released 4 albums on the Leaf Label.
- An average track from these four Manchester youngsters would probably encompass a low-key electronic beat, some lazy vocals, and crumbling melodies.
- 1 of 4