Scuba dropped past Annie Mac's Radio 1 show on Friday night (January 18th) and left behind a nice mix of Hot Flush classics.
A mainstay in the bass world, Hot Flush came of age in that initial blast of creativity from the dubstep scene. Becoming closely aligned to the techno-dread sound, the label's subsequent evolution has seen it expand in ways fans could never have predicted.
Based in Berlin, the imprint treads its own path - shifting from scene to scene, sound to sound it matches varying tastes with sublime quality control.
Dropping in to see Annie Mac at Radio 1 just before his set at Bugged Out Weekender, label boss Scuba pieced together a mix of Hot Flush classics.
The tracklisting looks back on the history of the label, uniting key tracks such as Mount Kimbie's 'Maybes' and Joy Orbison's explosive 'Hyph Mngo'.
Here's the tracklisting:
1. Mount Kimbie - Maybes (Hotflush)
2. Scuba - Adrenalin (Hotflush)
3. Joy Orbison - Hyph Mngo (Hotflush)
4. Scuba - Twitch (Jamie Vex'd remix) (Hotflush)
5. Sepalcure - Love Pressure (Hotflush)
6. Search & Destroy - Candyfloss (Loefah remix) (Hotflush)
7. Toasty - The Knowledge (Hotflush)
Listen to it HERE.
Last year ClashMusic caught up with Hot Flush for an intimate label profile. Revealing more of their ethos - and potential plans for the future - you can read it HERE.