Elton John Cancels Live Shows

Due to appendicitis
Elton John

Elton John has been forced to pull out of several upcoming shows due to appendicitis.

An ever flamboyant performer, Sir Elton John's schedule takes him round the world several times a year. A committed performer, the legendary pianist had been due to top a special line up this Friday (July 12th) at Hyde Park.

Sadly, the singer has been forced to pull out. Becoming ill during his latest European tour, Sir Elton John was advised to take time off after being diagnosed with "appendix abscess surrounding retrocaecal appendicitis".

Undergoing surgery, Elton John has been told to cancel a number of upcoming shows. The singer's spokesperson said: "Elton is incredibly disappointed to postpone these tour dates. To know that he made such superhuman efforts and continued to perform to thousands through his illness only confirms his dedication to his European fans. He is eager to be back on top form and return to play the remaining shows starting in early September 2013." (via The Guardian)

As a result of his illness, the show on Friday (July 12th) in Hyde Park will now be made free entry with Elvis Costello and Ray Davies due to perform. Rob Hallett, the president of international live touring for show promoter AEG Live, said: "We certainly wish Elton a speedy recovery and know that he would have hated for us to cancel the whole day's events because of this."

"In the beautiful surroundings of Hyde Park and the incredible weather we are having, our show goes on. And there's no better way to enjoy the start of our final weekend than with a free event for all to enjoy, with some excellent headline artists topping off even more great entertainment in our 10-day event."

Apply for tickets HERE.

Earlier today (July 9th) Sir Elton John was announced as a new name for the iTunes festival in September.

Get the best of Clash on your iPhone - download the app here

Have your say

Sign in or Register to leave comments
-