An alter ego for Italian artist Digi G’Alessio, Clap! Clap! has been active from the late Noughties.
Switching last year from avant techno climes to more straight ahead dancefloor material, the producer hasn't lost his will to conceptualise.
Upcoming Black Acre album 'Tayi Bebba' focuses on an imagery island, with the full package containing a complete map alongside a story for each track.
There's a deeply West African influence on show, with the material flitting between hip hop, house and even the odd dash of footwork.
New cut 'The Rainstick Fable' is online now. The African instrument name-checked in the title makes its presence felt, with Clap! Clap! gleefully shuffling his way through styles, genres without losing sight of the beat.
Check it out now.
'Tayi Bebba' tracklisting:
1. The Holy Cave
3. The Rainstick Fable
4. Kwasi The Sorcerer
5. Black Smokes, Bad Signs
6. Conqueror ( action / assault / conquest )
7. Conqueror ( consequences / memories )
8. Conqueror ( remorse / withdrawn )
10. Sahkii (Xirhuu)
11. Sahkii’s Elevation feat. DJ Khalab
12. Kwasi’s Storm (kyanumj) (tape dub)
13. Universal Modulator (kujhmak)
14. Sahkii’s Knowledge
15. Universal Modulator (ujmubuam)
16. Sailing In The Seas of Wood
17. Kuj Yato