The latest figures from retailers indicate that vinyl album sales are continuing to rise - check out the final results on Clash.
The vinyl resurgence has been one of the more pleasing shifts in the way fans consume music, with more and more consumers deciding to forego (or, indeed, compliment) downloading with a dose of black wax.
Records continue to fall, with 2013 already showing signs of becoming another bumper year for retailers. Amazon.co.uk are reporting a 100% growth in vinyl sales to date, with Daft Punk soaring ahead at number one.
'Random Access Memories' is trailed by David Bowie, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds and Black Sabbath with the Top 10 containing numerous established or 'heritage' acts.
Amazon.co.uk head Paul Firth stated: "There's the obvious impact of one very big release this year – Daft Punk – but beyond that there's a general support for vinyl amongst the labels right now. Most big releases come with a vinyl edition now, which hasn't always been the case." (via Hypebot)
Amazon's Top 10 best selling vinyl albums of 2013 thus far are:
1. Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
2. David Bowie - The Next Day
3. Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Push the Sky Away
4. Black Sabbath - 13
5. Queens of the Stone Age - Like Clockwork
6. Atoms for Peace - Amok
7. Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City
8. Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
9. alt-j - An Awesome Wave
10. Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day
Meanwhile, independent record shops across the country have also compiled their own list. Slightly different, David Bowie comes out on top while there is a pleasingly varied feel to the results.
The Entertainment Retailers Association (ERA) chairman Paul Quirk stated: "These first-half sales figures reveal a stunning result for indie record shops. Although the odds are stacked against them, indies have fought back. With Record Store Day they have created the first major new UK sales promotion for music in 20 years and as consumers re-waken to the joys of analogue, they have driven the growth of vinyl sales." (via Hypebot)
The Top 10 best selling vinyl albums of 2013 (thus far) in UK independent record shops are:
1. David Bowie - The Next Day
2. Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest
3. Stereophonics - Graffiti On The Train
4. Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
5. The Courteeners - Anna
6. Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Push the Sky Away
7. Atoms For Peace - Amok
8. Queens Of The Stone Age - Like Clockwork
9. Frank Turner - Tape Deck Heart
10. The National - Trouble Will Find Me
Check out a full Clash article on the resurgence of the independent record shop HERE.
Get the best of Clash on your iPhone - download the app here