As with any album release, this one’s being supported by Live Activity. Touring, and that. And recently, the Southampton trio – Russell Marsden, Emma Richardson and Matt Hayward – have found themselves stateside, calling at the annual industry beer-and-BBQ fest that is South By Southwest as well as some other prime rock locations.
It’s from the USA that the threesome sent us these photographs, documenting a portion of their travels and allowing us not-on-the-road sorts an insight into what a band does when it’s out and about. It takes pictures of washing machines through windshields.
Note that the captions below relate to the photos above in the order they are presented – but for ease, they’re numbered, too.
- - -
0. This is Band Of Skulls. Look at their lovely hair.
1. “We played this TV show, Austin City Limits, back in 2010 at the original theatre. It was great to play The Moody Theatre, where the show lives now. Looking forward to returning one day soon.”
2. “This was soundcheck for the South By Southwest iTunes festival supporting Soundgarden. As any band at SXSW will tell you, a soundcheck is a luxury you rarely get. Thank you, iTunes. Great crowd, great show.”
3. “This is the following day, playing at Rachael Ray’s house party. Rachael Ray is America's answer to Nigella so, as you can imagine, the BBQ was f*cking delicious.”
4. “Rachael Ray’s enormous washing machine. Everything is bigger in Texas, it seems.”
5. “After SXSW we headed to Los Angeles to play a sold-out show The Belasco – a renovated old venue from LA's original theatre district, downtown.”
6. “We headed to New York, for a sold-out show at Warsaw in Brooklyn. This is our view from our hotel on the Lower East Side, the morning we played Late Night With Seth Meyers.”
7. “This is a picture of the studio we played in for Seth Meyers. Seth, his band and all the crew, were about as nice as they come. It was a pleasure to play the show.” (Performance below)
- - -
- - -
Band Of Skulls’ ‘Himalayan’ is out now, available from all places that sell music and that. Find the band online here.