George Evelyn sits at the heart of what Warp means as a label.
The Sheffield born producer operates under the name Nightmares On Wax and has developed a reputation for releasing material which sounds the way he wants it too, and comes out when it wants it too, as well.
Prone to taking long breaks between albums, Nightmares On Wax recently returned with his first batch of fresh material in some four years.
Released earlier this year, 'Feelin' Good' continues Evelyn's journey away from the avant-techno which defined his early spell at Warp. In line with recent cuts, the album used real musicians - and plenty of them, with 'Feelin' Good' arriving wrapped in brass bellows and stabbing strings.
Moving on from his much vaunted love of hip hop, 'Feelin' Good' nods towards an Afro-Cuban shuffle at one point, before heading off in a Balearic direction via a digital dancehall work out.
With this in mind, Clash asked Nightmares On Wax to prepare a new mix. Deciding to piece together something fun, frisky and deeply eclectic, you can stream the results on Clash now.
Listen to it now... Grab it HERE.
Right click, 'Save As...'
1. Willie Lindo - Midnight
2. Joao Donato - Me Deixa
3. Nana Vasconcelos - You Don't Want To Know (Tu Nem Quer Saber)
4. Guts - Didn't I
5. Nightmares On Wax - No Fuss
6. Sa-Ra - Hollywood
7. Roy Ayers - We Live In Brooklyn (Sasso Re-Edit)
8. Cadik - Viva la All Soundz
9. The Aggrovators - Small Axe Dub
10. Robert Glasper Experiment - Black Radio ft. Yasiin Bey (Pete Rock Remix)
11. Tall Black Boy - The Dark Streets
12. Tranquility Bass - Cantamilla
13. Nickodemus - Baila Tu Manera (Whiskey Barons Remix)
Catch Nightmares On Wax at the following shows:
7 London Scala
9 Leeds Belgrave Music Hall
The latest issue of Clash Magazine is available to purchase online - click HERE for details.