Bristol is a law unto itself.
The city seems to thrive on tastes, styles and traditions almost alien to anywhere else in the UK - but then, that's part of its charm. The annual fortnight known as St James' Fair dates back to the 13th century, and has long been a source of revelry and entertainment.
This year, the spirit of St James' Fair is being resurrected by Creative Common for the inaugural Bristol Circus Festival which aims to include 41 performances over 33 nights. A huge undertaking, more than 140 performers have been involved in the month long event.
Amongst the exclusives is a special set from seminal turntablist and respected illustrator Mr Scruff, who aims to "play records in a big tent for 5 hours".
Taking place this Friday (October 18th) the set runs from 7.30pm to 1.30am. Across the way, fans can soak up Mr Scruff's hand designed, specially crafted visuals and an exclusively curated set which will float between genres for the Bristol crowd.
Tickets are on sale now - more information HERE.
Ahead of this, Mr Scruff has handed an hour long mix to Clash. Streaming exclusively on the site, the selection leans towards slick 70s soul before detouring through disco into left field territories. As ever, the mixing is impeccable, but due to the way the selection was mastered there's a small moment of silence at the beginning...
Listen to it now... Grab it HERE.
Right click, 'Save As...'
1. Donny Hathaway 'Everything is Everything'
2. Fat Freddy's Drop 'Blackbird'
3. Fatima 'Technology'
4. Theo Parrish & Tony Allen 'Day Like This'
5. D'Angelo 'Chicken Grease'
6. Allen Toussaint 'Night People'
7. Marvin Gaye 'A Funky Space Reincarnation'
8. Unspoken Heard 'Jamboree'
9. Sun Ra 'Where Pathways Meet'
10. Willis Jackson 'Northern Like Thurthern'
11. Kenny Clarke/Francy Boland Big Band 'Um Grão de Areia'
Get the best of Clash on your iPhone - download the app here