Nightwave (Maya Medvesek) is one of those producers who just keeps getting better and better. Often influenced by the energy of classic rave tunes, Medvesek’s productions might land on anything from Chicago-influenced tear-ups to juked-over R&B to glittery electronica to out-and-out bangers.
The producer’s new EP, ‘Luxor’, is a solid indication of where she is at present and why you should be listening to it, with shards of wonky rave, booty-house and juke bouncing off each other and generally having the time of their lives. This energy is infused into Nightwave’s colourful, genre-hopping mix for Clash, which stirs up all kinds of punchy, bass-laden treats with a little silky R&B, hip hop and – of course – rave, closing on a nostalgic blinder.
Here’s Medvesek on her mix: “This selection is a mix of all the things I love – bit of techno, house, juke, rap and old rave. A few of my own tracks in there and a brilliant Big Dope P remix of my tune ‘Luxor’, off the next EP. The last tune is one of my all-time favourites and instantly puts a big smile on my face whenever I hear it.”
Listen to it now... Grab it HERE.
Right click, 'Save As...'
1. Trevino -Tweakonomics
2. Bernard Badie - Time Reveals
3. MMM - Donna
4. Neil Landstrumm - Nonplussed
5. The Dream - Yamaha
6. L-Vis 1990 - VHS Crash
7. Kaptain Cadillac - Beat Down
8. Big Dope P - Turnt Up
9. YOLO Bear - So Fresh
10. Club Cheval - Vanilla Girl
11. Nightwave - Vimana
12. Poshstronaut – I’m Way Too Posh to Fight
13. Taste Tester - Tonight
14. Mele - Purple Flowers
15. Busta Rhymes - Twerk It Remix ft Vybz Kartel, Jeremih, French Montana, Ne-Yo
16. Nightwave - Amethizz
17. DJ Slugo - Big Booty Hoes
18. Nightwave - Luxor (Big Dope P Remix)
19. DJ Rashad - Drop Juke Out
20. Mark Pritchard - Jack
21. Rhythm Quest - Closer to All Your Dreams
Words: Tristan Parker
Nightwave’s ‘Luxor’ EP is released on October 21st.