Cast your mind back over the past 50 years of youth culture.
What are the constants we can spot across the decades? Well, for those in the know, it's been a clothing company dedicated to helping those teenage tribes look their sharpest, Ben Sherman.
From the Mods of the 60's, The Jam in the 70s and onto The Specials and the Two-Tone movement in the 80s, Britpop in the 90s and now with acts such as The Kaiser Chiefs and Amy Winehouse, Ben Sherman has long been the choice of the style concious musician.
Helping create an iconic image that reflects a sound and attitude is fundamental to many bands and their clothing of choice is frequently Ben Sherman. Their button down shirt could be said to be the defining look of not one but three musical movements, quite an achievement in the fickle world of popular music.
Now, in keeping with the labels links with the best music out there, Clash is teaming up with Ben Sherman to offer a great prize that combines great music and great clothing.
The prize on offer is travel to London, entry to the Clash Sunday Sessions event on the 17th December, accommodation for two for the night and £500 to spend in Ben Shermans Carnaby Street store.
To enter the competition simply tell us...
This competition is now closed.
To view and purchase items from Ben Sherman's Winter collection visit www.benshermanonline.co.uk
Terms & Conditions -
1. No Purchase necessary
2. The promotion is open to all UK residents ONLY except for the Employees of Ben Sherman.
3. The closing date is Mid-day, Wednesday 12th December 2007
4. Winners will be notified by email or phone on the closing date.
5. All prizes are non-transferable and shopping spree of £500 will not be rolled over.
6. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of greater or equal value.
7. Travel to and from the event must be reasonable value and can not exceed £200
8. The winner and a companion will be put up in a double hotel room of Ben Sherman’s choice which will cover Bed & Breakfast. Ben Sherman will not be responsible for any other charges outside the agreed Bed & Breakfast rate.
9. By entering the promotion, all participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The promoters decision is final.
10. Promoter: Ben Sherman Group Limited, 2 Eyre Street Hill, Clerkenwell, London EC1R 5ET (http://www.bensherman.com/). No entries should be sent to this address.