Experimental US act that blends jazz with just about every other genre going.
- New UK indie band signed to Fiction Records.
- Cheeky Northern monkeys with their own brand of jaunty indie pop.
- Post-punk new romantics who released their debut 'Kick' in 2006.
- Downbeat pop from the US of A.
- Why? became a full band before their 2005 release 'Elephant Eyelash', with Doug McDiarmid and (the now departed) Matt Meldon, as well as Yoni's older brother Josiah Wolf.
- Jeff Tweedy gives the impression that this new album is like a completely fresh start, for the band, as well as himself.
- The four boys of Wild Beasts aren't concerned with being of the modern, or being of the renaissance, being baggy pantsed or being tight pantsed, being in a scene or being in a place.
- The liberated abandon of Wildbirds & Peacedrums’ primitive soul music strikes an immediate and invigorating chord, as anyone who has seen them over the past year will attest.
- Dinosaur Jr. and Pavement are key touchstones, but there are elements of The Minutemen and Violent Femmes in William's melodic bass lines and insistent drumming.
- Jneiro Jarel and Khujo Goodie? Who would have figured?
- Critics often greet new and promising artists with grandiose statements as to the merits of their work and potential, often to the detriment of the artist.
- Double bass-guitar toting London post rockers
- Carl Hultgren and Windy Weber craft delicate music that recalls Cocteau Twins - it's slight, soothing and most delightful.
- Beautiful modern take on folk music. The band layer acooustic and electric instruments with brass, electronica and much studio trickery to produce something truly unique.
- Bubbling on the domestic underground for some time, 2009 sees the release of the much-admired Wintermute's debut album, 'Robot Works'.
- Now onto their third album 'Welcome To The Night Sky', Canada's Wintersleep have become a cult success in their native homeland and are set to tour the UK in February 09.
- Hugely influencial punk legends, now reformed for more hi-jinks