Seun Kuti is the youngest son of Afrobeat legend Fela Kuti, backed by his father's band Egypt 80 on his most recent album 'Many Things'.
- Incendiary British punk band
- Award winning British director
- Jneiro Jarel, the mastermind behind Philadelphia’s latest addition to the hip-hop pantheon, is in something of a rare state when Clash gets him on the blower.
- Take one genuine soul diva, and add in one of the world's funkiest backing bands. The result: Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings.
- Director of "The Rocker: Thin Lizzy's Phil Lynott"
- Melodic country like mama used to make. Maybe.
M.Ward and Zooey Deschanel
- Lo-fi but ear-stinging, Shield Your Eyes' brand of precise hardcore is something to behold.
Toby, Stef, Henri
- Shinichi Osawa made his debut as the leader and bassist for Mondo Grosso, a band formed in Kyoto in 1991, with an eponymous album released in 1993 from For Life Records (Japan).
- Shir Khan made his name by putting out regular mixtapes, which were heard and downloaded around the world through the internet, totalling 100,000 downloads for some of the mixes.
- Nick Harte hails from Christchurch, New Zealand
- Swedish indie rock band, debut album "Howl Howl Gaff gaff" was a surprise success.
- The Shuttle sound is boundless, genreless, and in constant flux – a sonic chameleon, not changing with the times, but stretching the musical landscape to its inevitable evolution.
- Synth rockin' keytar carryin' NYC bandits
- Sian Alice Group - a collective of UK musicians Sian Ahern, Rupert Clervaux and Ben Crook, amongst other collaborators - have, in the past couple of years been insanely productive, fr
- Sibrydion's album 'JigCal' is named after a Careers computer which told them to become Bus Drivers and Zoo Attndants. Fact.
- Sigmatropic is the chosen monikor of musician/producer Akis Boyatzis, a man with quite a musical history in his native Greece.
- Icelandic post rock group Sigur Ros have went from obscurity to stardom after their music soundtracked Hollywood movie "Vanilla Sky".