A model and actress with Andy Warhol, Nico became part of the Velvet Underground with her low vocals taking the lead on some of their most memorable early moments.
- Fresh nu-Funk Freaks from Finland
- Niederflur (Hannes Wenner and Christopher Bleckmann) have been among the first acts on M-NUS since the early days.
- Nils Lofgren has been a successful artist for over forty years - through his short-lived Grin, playing with Neil Young, his solo career, being part of Bruce Springsteen’s E Street Band, he has seen
- Female singer songwriter given a helping hand in the UK by the patronage of the late John Peel.
- Mercurial US singer, Simone embodied for many the contrary spirit of the Black Civil Rights movement.
- Nina Walsh is a groundbreaking composer, performer and producer. Her path in music began when, at aged thirteen, she decided it would be cooler to learn to play the guitar than the oboe.
- Perched on the rickety steps of a disused garage in Austin are Nine Black Alps.
- Metal / industrial icons lead by Trent Reznor, who remains solely responsible for its direction. Emerging from the US underground, Nine Inch Nails have sold millions of records across the globe.
- Led by Kurt Cobain, this American trio re-designed the landscape of American music with three classic studio albums becoming the poster band for the new "Generation X".
- Influential and award-winning producer Nitin Sawhney has earned praise for his blend of electronica and world music.
- No Age's lo-fi squalls are both beautiful and head-spinningly intense.
- California ska punk group No Doubt grew from cult origins to become a massively successful act.
- From the Young & Lost Club peerless roster comes Noah and The Whale, a folk-pop band from South London.
- When Norman Whitfield began acting as a Motown producer in the mid 60s, he knew little of what lay in front of him.
- American blues/ rock jam band
- Born in a rough district of New York, Notorious B.I.G. soon became adept at drug dealing and rapping.
- The cream of early-Eighties post-punk performed by a series of gamine ingénues in a bossa nova style, Nouvelle Vague probably wouldn’t work if Collin weren’t French, but that helps, somehow.