Single ‘Me And Giuliani Down By the Schoolyard’ and 2004’s ‘Louden Up Now’ album saw the California/Oregon/New York collective signed up by Warp in the UK and jettisoned to the forefront of
- Berlin dance collective
- American noise rockers who named themselves after a Native American ritual.
- Hip Hop newcomers hailing from Bulgaria, duo 99 Mistakes and Casio Blaster are crusading against the tired, plodding beast that is commercial hip hop.
- The Oslo foursome have spent the last few months ripping-up America and Europe with their blend of latter day Primal Scream guitar licks and krautrock rhythms.
- Sometimes when you’re speaking to the next-best-thing in music you encounter a band so pretentious in their responses that you develop an instant dislike and overwhelming feeling of disdain for them
- 2020Soundsystem have forged a name for themselves as one of the best new live bands from the UK.
- Dubstep with added glitch from the Hague.
- Hollywood actor Jared Leto's hobby
Jared Leto , 30 Seconds From Mars
- For old scene heads 4hero, it’s been a long journey from illegal shows in north London warehouses to being radio staples and Mercury Music Prize nominated doyens of the dinner party soundtrack.
- 4 or 5 Magicians are a hootin', tootin', rock 'n' roll band based in popular Sussex seaside resort Brighton.
- Hailing from Sheffield, 65daysofstatic (or 65days, or 65dos) mix post-rock signatures with epic, anthemic dance motifs and crunching riffs to put many a metal head to shame.
- Surprise in the unknown has inspired the 747s since their humble beginnings in Dublin, where Ned and founding guitarist Oisin Leech met at Trinity College.
- 808 State are those Manchester giants of early Nineties dance, dominating the charts as well as the dancefloor with hits like 'Cubik', 'Pacific State' and 'Olympik'.
- Following in the footsteps of genre-mashing electronic artists such as Surkin, M.I.A, The Bang Gang DJs and Vitalic, 80kidz, hailing from Japan, are ready to show the world what Tokyo can do.
- Taking time off from the Cardigans, Nina Persson began recording material which found a few admirers. With her band members taking time off, Persson recruited Niclas Frisk to flesh out the material.
- A bunch of kids in love with tribal funk, Factory Records' mainstays A Certain Ratio were equally fired up by punk and art rock.
- One of Manchester’s finest, most respective, innovative and forward thinking home-grown techno producers, A Guy Called Gerald’s fame spread outwards from the global 88 hit that he’ll never escap
- 1 of 116