Interpol are set to re-issue their debut album 'Turn On The Bright Lights' in time for its 10th anniversary.
Interpol's gloriously evocative vision of urban melancholy remains impossibly romantic. The New York band may have progressed a lot in ten years - shifting their line up in the progress - but for fans, debut album 'Turn On The Bright Lights' remains their finest hour.
Turning ten with nary a wrinkle in sight, Interpol are set to re-issue 'Turn On The Bright Lights' later this year. Polishing up the master tapes, the band are set to add the following extras: -
'Get The Girls/Song 5', 'PDA' and 'Roland' from the First Demo (2001)
- 'Precipitate', the original versions of 'Song Seven' and 'A Time To Be So Small' from the Second Demo (2002)
- A never before released early version of 'Gavilan/Cubed' from the Third Demo (2002)
- The B-sides 'Specialist' and 'Interlude' - 8 additional bonus tracks on the vinyl download coupon from all 3 Demo Recordings plus the 2002 Peel Session (all bonus songs appear on the CD version)
DVD Video footage:
- Mercury Lounge show from May 2000 featuring Sam Fogarino's first performance with the band
- Troubadour show from September 2002, the band's first show in LA (high-quality multi-camera shoot)
- The music videos for 'PDA', 'NYC' and 'Obstacle 1'
28-page book featuring:
- Unpublished photos circa 2000 - 2003
- Liner notes by the band
- Free download of all the songs on the album in both MP3 + FLAC on the vinyl edition
Here's a quick statement from Interpol: "In 2002, we released our first album, Turn on the Bright Lights. We had waited close to five years for the opportunity to record an album. Needless to say this was a memorable moment for us. We never had any expectations for how the album would be received. We just wanted to present our music as an album to anyone who would be open to hearing it. It was incredible to finally tour and see people react to these songs. We never could have imagined that the album would have reached so many people throughout the world.
We spent a good deal of time this past year digging through our archives and asking others to dig through theirs in the hopes of uncovering some forgotten material. The result of our hunting and gathering has yielded this Tenth Anniversary Edition of Turn on the Bright Lights. We wanted to do something special for the fans who have always supported us. We wanted to do something special for the best fans in the world. We hope you enjoy it."
Sincerely yours, Interpol"
'Turn On The Bright Lights' will be re-issued on November 19th.